We invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 7th Asian Academy of Family Therapy (AAFT) Annual Conference. The 2021 AAFT Conference in Seoul, Korea, from October 22 through 24, 2021, focuses on Family Therapy in Dynamic Asia.
IMPORTANT PROPOSAL DATES
Submission of proposals: Open now until April 15, 2021
Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2021
Participation confirmation due from all presenters: July 31, 2021
At least one author must complete registration by July 31, 2021 to be included in the program.
The conference theme “Family Therapy in Dynamic Asia” encompasses various conference tracks, including:
- Couple Therapy / Divorce Therapy
- Child & Adolescent Issues
- Parenting Education / Parenting Counseling
- Family Therapy with Special Needs
- Family & Disease / Medical Family Therapy
- Diversity / Multicultural Counseling
- Family Spirituality and Religious Issues
- Family Therapy Model(Theory) / Research Methodology
- Evidence Based Practice in MFT
- MFT Training and Supervision
- Ethical & Professional Issues / Self of the Therapist
Oral presentation sessions will be organized by the above conference tracks to aid attendees/audience in making informed decisions about which to attend. During the electronic submission process, proposal authors will be asked to identify three tracks applicable for their session.
We also encourage student participation at AAFT 2021. Proposals that include or feature students’ perspectives on any track are welcome.
Oral Presentations (Open application)
- last a maximum of 30 minutes each, including time for questions and discussion; and
- the organization of each presentation should allow adequate time for discussion.
Paper proposals should include the following:
- the presenter’s name, institutional affiliation, and contact information
- the title of the paper; and
- an abstract (up to 250 words, with presenter's name removed for review) that
- addresses one or more of the conference tracks, and
- indicates the literatures, methods, evidence, and conclusions involved.
Poster Presentations (Open application)
- will be displayed during the conference, and featured during a poster session and reception. At least one author will be required to ‘attend’ the poster session in order to present and discuss the work with other conference delegates.
- should not exceed (TBD wide by TBD tall). Additional practical details for poster presenters will be posted on this site by September 2021.
Poster proposals should include the following:
- the names of the poster presenters, their institutional affiliations, and contact information
- the title of the poster; and
- an abstract (up to 250 words, with presenters' names removed for review) that includes
- the focus of the inquiry or program,
- the way(s) in which it contributes to current family therapy conversations,
- the poster’s connections to the conference theme and/or tracks, and
- the backgrounds, methods, evidence, and conclusions involved.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR REVIEW OF PROPOSALS
Each proposal will be reviewed by reviewers from different countries, wherever possible. Proposals will be given one of the following ratings: Accept, Accept with minor revisions, or Decline. Where only minor revisions are required, you will have the opportunity to revise and promptly resubmit. The reviewers’ decision will be final. All proposals must be in accordance with local policies for research involving human subjects.
Reviewers will use the following questions to guide their review of proposals:
Q1Questions and Rationale
What important question(s) related to family therapy, the conference theme, and/or the conference tracks do you identify?
How do you demonstrate an understanding of the family therapy issues and existing scholarship in the field?
What theories/methods/frameworks/models are you using, and why?
What evidence and/or findings do you report?
How does your work contribute to the understanding or practice of family therapy?
What critical/reflective evaluation of your work do you offer?
To submit your proposal, please click HERE to access the online submission form.
Reviewers, please submit your review comments HERE.